Sunday, November 20, 2011

8 years and going strong!

Married Life--
     Well, things are going swell here in the Stoner 1 bdr apartment in Laramie. This Saturday marked our 8 year anniversary unofficially of being together. Technically, we have only been married about 4 months but this duo goes way back :) Anyways, I had to go to inservice on Friday so it was a rough start to the weekend. Saturday got better with both of us sleeping in and then heading over to the very romantic, exciting Laramie Laundry mat!!! It was definitely the best anniversary location ever. We spent about $20 doing all of our laundry (including sheets, etc). After making some tacos for dinner, we were invited to one of Brandon's friends place for some Mexican Train! It was a very fun night and we played mexican train until just around midnight. They almost convinced us to buy one of their soon to be puppies but we decided against it....for now.
     Sunday arrived and we slept in again and then ventured over to Cheyenne to do our monthly shopping trip. This was an exciting trip because we got to buy our very own Turkey for our first Thanksgiving together and by ourselves. After getting our supply of food, we went over to the mall to look at some weight sets for Brandon...this then ended with us heading to the pet store to check out some puppies. They are so stinkin cute!!! We want to get a dog soooo bad but our apartment technically does not allow them. Here are some pictures of our favorites....we will be dreaming about them tonight I am sure...





School/Army Life--
     Army stuff--> I thought I was going to be up for a promotion but found out that I may need to wait until February until I can be Specialist Stoner :) . That sucks, but other than that I am having fun at drill every month although it takes me away from my beautiful wife. Our deployment date got moved up slightly to where we are going to be headed out around next November. Hopefully in December, I will be able to go to an M4 clinic to get qualified in shooting an M4.
     School stuff--> I have been doing really well on my tests and papers in all of my classes and am officially finished with one of my classes for the semester (physics). All I have to do now to finish up in my classes is study and finish a paper. The semester is coming to a finish quickly!
     The gym is going splendid. I have almost reached my goal on bench press of repping 300 lbs. Also, all of my other numbers are increasing steadily.
     I met with my advisor to talk about my classes for next semester. Turns out I will not be able to graduate at the end of this summer as I have originally planned. Unfortunately, I will be one class short and this class is only offered in the Fall. My advisor is trying to work things out for me but I will keep you all posted as to when I will be able to graduate.

Teaching Life--
     Things have been busy! I am excited that this week is only 2 days long which I am definitely looking forward to. I love teaching but it is so exhausting and I am happily looking for some time off!
     A few weeks ago, teaching got hard. I had graded some tests and they were not at all what I was expecting. I got a bit emotional and vented to Brandon. He is such an amazing guy...took it all in stride and told me that I was doing a great job...I just cared too much. Apparently, caring too much can sometimes be a bad thing. I got a pep talk from the other math teachers as well. Essentially, I just got too wrapped up in how my students were doing to not realize that sometimes students don't always work or care as much as I do. Ever since then, things have been much better and all attitudes are much more positive.
     On an exciting note, I have just completed my first week of coaching wrestling! It has been a fun experience and although time consuming, it is very nice to have a stress reliever after long days. In fact, I get to run my very own practice this Tuesday right before Thanksgiving break. I am kinda nervous but also really excited. So far, the high school team has about 10-15 students and they are all pretty hard workers. I will update you again next week as to how my practice goes. Our first tournament is Dec. 2 :)
     I had my students make posters about the order of operations (please excuse my dear aunt sally--parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction) I also had my students do some pretty cool line art on one of our short Friday school days. My room finally has some decorations!









No comments:

Post a Comment