Thursday, November 24, 2011

Teaching and Turkeys

Tuesday was the last day of school for this week and ended up being absolutely fantastic. I had a fun day of teaching that included some turkey treat activities to welcome the holiday. The day ended with me being able to completely run practice with my own plans. Brandon even drove all the way out to help which I think the boys on the team absolutely loved. The head coach told me that he hopes to see me running my own wrestling program some day. :)

On Tuesday, I had some of my classes work on a scale factor activity that I did last year during my student teaching experience. Essentially, you scale down the size of a house and the size of a tornado, build scale models and then relate the two sizes.

Each class ended with my students building their own turkeys out of oreos, candy corn, and milk duds :)




the upside down tornado


creative houses!








No comments:

Post a Comment