Sunday, January 29, 2012

11 Weeks Ripe

Well if you haven't heard the news....we added another first to our year of blogging. So far we have our first year married, our first year of teaching, our first year before deployment, our first Christmas and Thanksgiving alone....and now.....our first year of pregnancy! We had our first official baby appointment last Friday and found out that as of today we are officially 11 weeks pregnant. Our lil baby Stoner is due August 19, 2012.

For those of you that have not heard the story of how we found out.....here it is!

I had some crazy weird things going on but was thinking it was just my body readjusting. Turns out it adjusted WAY quicker than either of us expected. Just because I decided to take a pregnancy test. I peed on the stick and jumped in the shower. At the end of my shower, I looked at the test thinking to see what I always saw...a negative. However, much to my surprise I saw a positive!

I ran out and showed Brandon and we both looked absolutely dumbfounded with one another. It was exciting and scary and unexpected and wonderful all at the same time. It was a merry Christmas and happy new year for us indeed.

Turns out that I ended up getting Shingles because when you get pregnant your immune system goes out the door. So we had to go in at the end of Christmas break (Dec. 29, 2011) and get checked out. While we were there, they decided to do a quick ultrasound and we saw a tiny little ball of a baby and a little flicker of a heart beat.....now four weeks later, our baby finally looks like a baby! I have been incredibly tired but other than that have not felt too bad.

We are both utterly excited and incredibly nervous. If you have any words of advice please feel free to share.









Our first apt...about 6 wks
Jan 27, 2012....about 10 wks 5 days

1 comment:

  1. move home- there, my sound advice not clouded by personal motives or crazy pregnancy hormones. Love you

    ReplyDelete