Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Excitement Continues!!

Teacher Life:
     Teaching has been extremely busy and tiresome but overall going great! We are officially into the last quarter of the school year and it is hard to imagine that my first year teaching is so close to being complete. I have been officially invited back to teach next year (got the contract and everything) so that is good news.
     Awhile back at teacher parent conferences I had a set of parents that confirmed the reason I teach. It is definitely not for the money...it is not for the paperwork...it is not for the early mornings and late nights or the persistent germs...These parents told me that I have no idea how much I have impacted their daughter. She loves me, my class, and actually feels like she understands math. They said that she looks up to me more than I know. These simple comments made me feel so great about what I do. My goal was to impact one student. I think I have accomplished that!

School/ Army Life:
     School is going well and I am almost done! I complete an internship this summer and this will officially (and finally) have my bachelor's degree. I am excited to have this chapter done so that when I return from deployment I can start a new one.
     As for the Army life, I have been attending weapons clinics and trainings as usual. Some excitement happened when I got promoted this last drill--I am officially Specialist Stoner (E-4 status). Pretty exciting. I recieved this promotion as early as it could be given as it depended on my time in service.
     Also exciting news: I attended state pool here in Wyoming this past weekend during my spring break. It was awesome! I did soo much better than last year. I placed 17th in the state for singles out of a total of about 110 people. I was so excited about how I shot and how much I have grown since the last time I shot in this tournament. Even more exciting, I shot on teams with some awesome people from Laramie. We totally rocked it and ended up placing third! We should have beat the second place team but were off our game both times we had to play them. Overall, we did awesome and even won some money from the tournament. Good times!

Married Life:
     Married life has been going fantastic! We moved into a new place that feels SO much more like a home. We still need to hang some pictures and then I can post pictures of the place on here. It is nice to be in a place that is confortable and ours. Still can't wait for a house someday....and a dog....
     On the baby front, things have been a roller coaster of events. Last time I updated, we had had our first official ultrasound and were just starting things off. Now, I am well into my second trimester, we have both felt the baby move, I have had a million worries, and we finally know what we are having! I found out that I am a cystic fibrosis carrier which caused some alarm. However, we soon found out that Brandon has the good genes and is not a carrier so I baby is pretty much in the clear.
     I later found out that I had been exposed to something called Fifth's disease from some students at school. Apparently, it can be dangerous for pregnant women beacuse it can cause anemia in the baby which in turn can cause miscarriage or the need for a blood transfusion in-utero. The first blood test came back negative so that was good.
     Then I got the fever. I NEVER get fevers and this one lasted four days so I went in and they did a million tests including another fifth's disease blood sample (parvovirus B19). My fever finally broke but I have had headaches every day since. I found out on March 15 that I tested positive for Fifth's disease. I was 17 weeks pregnant. The clinic in Laramie referred me to a specialist in Denver.

     I am now 19 weeks pregnant and we went to see the specialist yesterday. They took a million measurements and said everything looked completely normal at this point. They were even able to monitor the blood flow into the brain of the baby through adding color to the ultrasound.. It was amazing to watch. This flow of blood is what they will monitor every two weeks for the next 10 weeks to make sure that our baby does not become anemic. There is a 2% chance that this can happen but we are hoping we are in the fortunate 98% where everything goes completely great. It is a scary thought but we are keeping our heads up and praying that we have a strong and stubborn lil one growing inside:)

Now to the excitement--If you do not want to know what we are having read NO MORE! My parents have opted to not find out the sex of the baby so we are trying to keep it on the down low. Everyone else though can look below to find out...


On the way to Denver to go to the Swedish Medical Facility for the specialist....Boy or Girl?!?!?


                                    Our baby at 18 weeks and five days....It is definitely a mover!


                                                                  The Final Verdict......

Yah!! We are having a boy! Our tentative name is Caiden Rolla Stoner (Rolla is a family name) and the estimated due date is still August 19, 2012. What an exciting life it is!
Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers and we can all encourage Caiden to stay strong and not get sick from mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment