Well, it has been awhile and I apologize! It of course has been busy so lets get to the updating!!
Teacher Life:
Well, I officially have only 2 weeks left of my first year of teaching! I am finished planning (finally!) and am just in the long haul to the end. I signed my contract and am returning next year. Hopefully, I will be teaching a few higher level classes which means more planning for the summer but a nice change for next year. The next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy as the students are getting restless for summer.
Overall, not a lot has been going on in the teacher front. Our school is beginning a new initiative with iPads. All of the teachers have them and students will get them next year. Hopefully, I can find some neat things to incorporate into the classroom. We are also starting the push towards common core standards and curriculum changes. As a new teacher, most people don't get the opportunity to completely change the curriculum. Since we are a small school, I get the "priviledge" to help transform our curriculum. Good experience :)
School/Army Life:
Brandon is finished with his Spring semester and the summer session has officially started. He has an internship and 3 classes and then will officially be a college graduate!! We are both excited and proud of him and his accomplishments.
Right now, Brandon is in Utah for a Warrior Leadership course. Our last post informed you that he was promoted to E-4 (specialist). This class will allow him to be promoted to E-5 either before deployment or during deployment. So far at the class, he has rocked all of his assessments scoring in the 90's for almost all of them. Today he scored a 100%. He has one last assessment and then will have the course offically completed.
I am very proud of everything he has done. He has achieved so much in the National guard and is finishing up school now. Along with all of these accomplishments, he has also taken on the news of becoming a dad, getting deployed, and all the wife drama that comes with being married :)
Married Life:
Our life has been going wonderful. we are both looking forward to summer so that we can spend some more time together. More exciting news is that we have recently decided we will be moving to Hanna for the next year. Instead of driving everyday, we decided that it would be alright to live in a town that does not have much and save some money. Therefore, we found a house and are going to be moving once again come August. Before that excitement occurs, we have a trip back to Alaska after almost a year of being gone. We are both very excited to see family and be back "home" for about 2 weeks in 2 weeks :)
On the baby front, I am officially in the third trimester! We went to our last specialist appointment at the beginning of this month concerning my fifth's disease. Fortunately, our lil lion is doing awesome and we got the okay that we did not need to return to the specialist! In other words, from their assessments, our lil lion is totally healthy and was not negatively impacted by the fifth's disease (thank goodness!!) I am 27 weeks along now and have my gestational diabetes testing this Friday. The baby is moving and kicking more and more each day and although I am not gaining a lot of weight still, everything seems to be progressing just fine!
All wonderful news. Have a safe trip home. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteAunt Nicki & Tim
YEAH!!!!
ReplyDelete